For me, the key to lasting change is to start small, and do something that is easy to keep up. By layering these changes on top of each other slowly over the years, I’ve been able to achieve extraordinary health. In my early 20’s I took up to 6 medications and had chronic pain, digestive issues, allergies, anxiety, and terribly painful periods. Now in my early 40’s, I’ve been off my meds for years, and have more energy, get better sleep, have great digestion, no pain, and so much more! Here are the Top 5 things I’ve done for myself to create and maintain my health.
- Celery juicing. The juicing has helped me soooo much with: digestion/bloat, energy, clearer skin, sensory issues, less pain in my bunion, etc.
- Bone broth – Bone broth helped me with digestion so much, I’ve hardly gone a day without it in 3-4 years. As a bonus, it helps by providing building blocks for healthy skin, nails, hair. A beauty supplement! You can either make it at home in your Instapot, or here is my favorite product.
- Paleo diet – Again, with underlying gut issues, the paleo diet has helped provide my gut with some awesome nutrients. Has also helped with stabilizing blood sugar, keeps my weight stable, decreases my cravings for sugar, and more.
- Yoga/exercise – Movement is what keeps me happy as well as healthy. It keeps my energy up, and gives me the strength, flexibility, and endurance to serve others at a high level. I love most exercise – running, weights, elliptical, Tabata, functional training, but most of all, hot yoga! Yoga has been amazing for creating flexibility, stability by strengthening spinal muscles, plus the burn and the sweat are amazing! I love classes all around town – Modo is my favorite hot yoga studio in Mpls, and I love Blooma for prenatal and yoga with your baby or child(ren).
- Chiropractic Care – There hasn’t been a bigger change for me and my health than when I started chiropractic care. I had almost 15 years of chronic pain that was almost instantaneously gone. In addition, I was able to get off all 6 of my medications within three months. Though chiropractic is not a cure for any specific condition, it helped my allergies, painful periods, muscle spasms, pain, sleep problems, and inflammation. Ready to step forward into a bigger vision of health? Email us for a complimentary consult.
Dr. Sheena grew up in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota and completed her undergraduate studies in Architecture, Chemistry, and Sustainability at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.