Hello Practice Members! I thought it was best to send out some information about temporary changes being made at Lifelong Health Family Chiropractic during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We will continue to adjust Practice Members and promote whole food supplements and herbs to help keep the immune system strong, improve your ability to adapt to these stressful times, help decrease pain, and increase function.
We are asking that if any of you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who is diagnosed, or have any of the symptoms below, please do not come into our office and instead call to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Shortness of breath
The CDC says that 80% of cases are mild cold like symptoms. However, we are trying to protect the most vulnerable including seniors, those whose immune systems are suppressed, and those who are already dealing with cardiovascular or respiratory issues. Therefore, to help decrease the spread of the virus we are implementing some changes. Out of an abundance of caution we will be continuing healthy sanitation practices and adding these additional safety measures to help protect people as much as possible from COVID-19:
- Our social distance waiting room is now in the hallway: we will call in individual or families so we have only one in at a time.
- Chiropractic tables will be disinfected between patients
- We will not be handing out travel cards or clipboards. If you are a new patient and need to write on a clipboard, we will be disinfecting it before handing it to you..
- Doorknobs, counters, water dispenser, and bathrooms will be disinfected as much as possible
- We have removed our kid toys and stuffed animals from the reception area for now.
- Because our busiest adjusting hours are after work and school from 3-6pm we are asking that if you are able to come at a different time during the day please call us and let us know. We are trying to limit the number of people in our office at one time.
- Julie and I will do our best to limit our own exposure outside the office and stay as healthy as possible.
What you can do to help improve the immune system of you and your family:
- Get adjusted!
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Add lemon or limes to your water to get extra vitamin C!
- Stay away from sugar, because it can decrease your immune system!
- Stay moving and exercise as this will increase lymphatic flow and help your immune system. In your own house you could do jumping jacks, walk the stairs, do push-ups, squats, etc.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- If you are currently taking supplements/herbs, please continue to do so. If you are interested in taking supplements to help improve your immune system, please let me know.
- Make sure you are taking a high-quality Vitamin D since this is known to help increase the immune system. Probiotics and Vitamin C are also proven to help respiratory challenges.
- Try not to let fear take over, this too shall pass.
If you have any suggestions or concerns, please contact us 612-354-2231. Thank you for your understanding.